WEPSSO ANNUAL MERIT AWARDS : 2013
Attention: All WEPSSO DISTRICTS
WEPSSO Executive Members
The Annual Awards Ceremony is regarded as the highlight of the year and its success should be attributed to the commitment and dedication of our affiliates. Districts and Codes are therefore encouraged to make nominations in the various categories. (attached the guidelines and nomination forms)
We appeal to all codes to please submit nominations in as many categories as possible.
DATE: TBC October 2013
Categories – see selection criteria on attached documents
Primary School of the Year.
Secondary School of the Year
District of the Year
Code of the Year
WEPSSO Administrator of the Year
Coach of the Year
Technical Official of the Year
Primary School Sports Girl of the Year
Primary School Sports Boy of the Year
Disability Sports Girl of the Year
Disability Sports Boy of the Year
Secondary School Sports Girl of the Year
Secondary School Sports Boy of the Year
Overall Sportsperson of the Year
Lifetime Sport Achiever
In order to ensure the smooth organization of the event, we kindly appeal to you to adhere to the following:
- Nominations may be forwarded on, or before 18 September 2013 to
- Only nominations countersigned by the District / Code Chairperson/Secretary will be accepted.
- Nominations must be submitted timeously and in strict accordance with the outlined guidelines. Often candidates/schools are disqualified because incomplete forms are submitted for consideration.
- Finalists nominated in each category will be invited to attend the WEPSSO MERIT AWARD BANQUET.
- Codes are encouraged to make nominations in all categories.
- CODES: PLEASE SUBMITT NAMES OF PEOPLE BEING INVOLVED IN SPORT OVER THE YEARS, BUT HAS PASSED ON. (ROLL OF HONOR)
- PLEASE SEND AN ELECTRONIC COPY OF THE NOMINATION WITH AT LEAST 2 PHOTO’S ATTACHED OR EVEN MORE. We will need this to conclude a power point presentation for the awards evening.
We appeal to all WEPSSO Districts/Codes to submit nominations so that we can pay tribute to those deserving individuals in the different categories and in so doing, not only recognize the commitment of our Athletes and administrators, but also further promote excellence in the respective Codes.
District / Codes must motivate why they consider their particular Code deserving of receiving the Merit Award.
The newly elected WEPSSO Committee: 2012 - 2014
Vice Chairperson: LSEN
Vice Chairperson: Primary Schools